IT’S TELEVISION TUESDAY
Six Indie Mistakes to Avoid (The Self Publishing Show, episode 169)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
PATREON: Self Publishing Formula Show’s Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/selfpublishin…
CONFERENCE DISCOUNT: Go to https://www.inkerscon.com/dawson to save on conference registration, including the digital conference, from Inkers Con
LIVE EVENT: Mark will be speaking in June at Slaughter in Southwold – https://www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/ev…
“When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out.” -David L. Weatherford
This post is dedicated to all the book lovers out there. You may or may not be a book hoarder because there’s a big difference between the two. I currently have 1,725 books on my “to be read” list and it’s still increasing at an alarming rate. Yikes!
Are you a Book Hoarder? Does this sound like you? Read on….
- First, it’s virtually impossible to resist a good book, especially if it’s on sale.
- Second, having the painful realization that you can’t read every book.
- The unread books on your shelf are piling up while you continue to add gobs more.
- There’s that book or series that you can’t wait to read, but—-you never get around to it.
- You’re always a sucker for free books, promos, or books on sale.
- You have so many books you forgot the new ones you just added.
- The ratio of books read to books added is way out of balance.
- The books on your TBR list NEVER decreases but increases.
If this is you don’t despair! We need a change in our mindset, our strategy. For this I’d like to present to you a challenge. The #BookHoarders challenge. I have some ideas so tell me what you think.
- For every book you buy or add to your TBR list you read two on your shelf.
- Switch up your reading habits per week or month.
- Read new books for one week, then read books on your shelf the next.
- Use a reward system. For every 3 books on your TBR you read, treat yourself to a new one.
- Do it pairs. Get a book buddy to keep you accountable! Challenge each other.
- Join the Book Hoarders Bucket List Challenge on Goodreads for support!
- You actually read the books you bought!
- You’ll better yourself by reading more stories.
- Decrease the amount of books on your shelves or TBR list.
- Read more books, give more reviews and help authors succeed.
- Gain a book buddy and enrich your experience with other book hoarders.
- You’ll feel better!
What do you think? Tell me in the comments!!
Share the hashtag #BookHoarders